Better late than never!

Adam F

Rich JAW, My brother Greg and I all had a day off on thurs, and with the huge tides, bad tide times, and forecast for poor wind direction etc...it was looking bad for a trip west for tope. Plan B was to hit the Solent for the day.

After spending 1/2hr on the Sconse after mackeral, and watching all the local charters head out to sea for bass, we wondered whether our decision to head inland and east to fish for smoothies and ray was the right one.....

Anchored off Sowley (see your maps if you dont know) we begun to catch from the off - sea fishing virgin Greg hooking into numerous hard fighting smoothies - it was worth it just to see his face when he hit them! biggrin.gif Rich kept his end up, with a few smoothies and doggies! ph34r.gif

Tide changed and we re-anchored. I fished just the 1 rod all day for ray, letting greg have the other 2 ror the hounds. Just after 2pm, whilst helping greg play a good smoothy, my ray rod is almost pulled over! ohmy.gif - hooking into the fish it took at least 50/60 yards with the lever drag pushed to the max - wow! the whole fight lasted about 15 mins, and was one of the best I've ever had - the nickname stingers are given of Diesel trucks is bout right. 16lb dead. What a result.

Basically another great day out - cheers to Rich and Greg, good company.

Adam

Charlie...................I really think that you should note that the fish was hooked outside club waters............and only fell into our area of responsibility after being uncerimoniously dragged across the sea bed by Adam, and only then falling into PBSBSAC territory.

Great day Adam............thanks chap, and remember ........ no farmers knots tied by helmets please!

Regards, Rich