Flatfish Comp 24th Spetember

Maverick Martin

Phaeton and Awol are planning to go across to Alderney the week end of the flatfish comp. The plan is to travel over Friday (21st), fish Sunday for pleasure and sound out marks, then fish the comp Sunday prior to returning to Poole PM

If weather scuppers that then we may go to the banks to the west on Saturday and stay in Weymouth harbour for the night then fish the comp Sunday out of Weymouth returning Poole pm

Of course just to spice things up a bit there will be the usual pub tucker trials in the evening rolleyes.gif

Are there any other club boats interested in tagging along? if so log your interest here

Martin

Phaeton and Awol are planning to go across to Alderney the week end of the flatfish comp. The plan is to travel over Friday (21st), fish Sunday for pleasure and sound out marks, then fish the comp Sunday prior to returning to Poole PM

If weather scuppers that then we may go to the banks to the west on Saturday and stay in Weymouth harbour for the night then fish the comp Sunday out of Weymouth returning Poole pm

Of course just to spice things up a bit there will be the usual pub tucker trials in the evening rolleyes.gif

Are there any other club boats interested in tagging along? if so log your interest here

Martin

Would have loved to Martin, but I have to work the boat show.

Definately interested in taking Court Jester......

Bit of a busy week though - somehow I need to fit in a day at the Southampton Boat show (Monday), two days fishing in a competition (Wednesday and Thursday out of Weymouth) and then leaving Friday to go to Alderney - how early?

Work will suffer............ how will I cope

Pub tucker trials as well oh no! - what should I tell the wife? - should I tell the wife?

I have heard the people of Alderney described as "3000 piss-heads clinging to a rock" - we should fit in rather well

Neal

Shame Tom you know you would have loved it tongue.gif

Neal we won't be leaving early, probably fuel up at around 9:30ish hop the wrecks over and aim to be in Braye for around 5-6pm. Shower and in the bar for about 7:30ish

If you cant leave until later Duncan is planing on leaving pm friday leaving out the wreck hoping and arriving Braye about 7ish

BTW Dean can give the islanders a run for their money but I will definately be bringing up the rear.....and hopefully thats all I'll bring up laugh.gif

Martin

Still got the 195 and would buy another tomorrow if they were still made or if they could get round to finishing the replacement.

Looking at two options at the moment - Atlantic Fisher 680 and Cheetah 6.9m - we are slightly limited by the need to come into the beach at Ringstead.

Best

Mike

Looking at two options at the moment - Atlantic Fisher 680 and Cheetah 6.9m - we are slightly limited by the need to come into the beach at Ringstead.

I still think that you'd be OK with a leg Mike. A shaft would limit you, but at least you can trim a leg right out? A small price to pay IMO for a more offshore capable boat.

Are you going to the Southampton boatshow?

and with the leg you can keep a nice shallow hulled boat like ours unlike if you went for a shaft where you would not be able to have a shallow hulled boat

our new boat will be able to get nice and shallow but will be too busy fishing the wrecks to worry about it tongue.gifbiggrin.gif

you could always go for the third option and go for a jet drive

sam