Superglue!

djredrupp

after reading of some using superglue to cement knots tight on mono, i was wondering if this is also OK on something like Amnesia (as is is flourocarbon (??) not mono), and possibly braid?

im currently using about 5turns on a Uni Knot as a general knot for everything.

Dan

after reading of some using superglue to cement knots tight on mono, i was wondering if this is also OK on something like Amnesia (as is is flourocarbon (??) not mono), and possibly braid?

im currently using about 5turns on a Uni Knot as a general knot for everything.

Dan

Not too sure about braid. I don't think it will harm braid through chemical reaction, but as it is likely to creep into the lay by capilliary action it may well when set, enable the braid to snap easily through fatigue stress.

Mad Mike

Gazza......super glue is used on micro beads that act as stops behind two way beads.......which allow the use of longer snoods on individual paternosters on multi hool rigs. They spin far more freely that swivels trapped between crimp/stop knots and beads, and allow the almost perfect presentation of baits in tide for multiple species. On descent from the boat they are near tangle free, and the implementation of super glue on the knots and beads, allows the use of far finer B/S mono, than usual stiffer type snoods made to make the baited hooks "stand up", thus leading to far finer rigs, which should in turn, give almost invisible bait presentation.

Hope that doesnt sound to up myself or complicated, it isnt really, just what I have seen the international guys using on the circuit, and it works. Two way beads available from Mike @ UKHooks.co.uk

Rich

• 3 weeks later...