A Change In The Forecast

alun j.

Oh Dear!!!

Too good to have hoped for.......overnight BBC have changed their minds about Sunday................ from 2mph W .. to .. 17 mph NW

This will mean a complete change of plans for little boats like mine.....I was hoping to get out, out, out !!

Good job I dug some good worms.

Alun.

PS. but could the forecast change back again ????

heading out of Poole Harbour you would have to say that if there is any wind you would want NW. Even if it makes the 20 knot mark many good marks within about 5-6 miles will be relatively sheltered.

this should not of course be taken as a blanket recomendation for anyone and everyone to head South - each and every skipper has to make thier own decision!

overall i share the concern voiced that forecasts are no longer offering the opportunity to plan around boat speed and fishing areas - not least because there is clearly 'weather' around and timings can change quickly.

Finally a plea - please leave me enough space in the Wareham channel - thank you

rolleyes.gif

........and now it's changed again !!.......unsettled or what ??

and I'm confused about plans.........it'll have to be 'lastminute.com'....

.....to a decision to go out the harbour....or hunt flounder ??

Anyone else similarly perplexed ??

Alun.

Alun,

.....to a decision to go out the harbour....or hunt flounder ??

Due to the start timing coinciding with low water at Mudeford I'm launching at Baiter, instead of Christcurch, so will be well stocked with worms anyway. If your flounder hunt is going to take place in Christchurch Harbour you will need a lot of luck to beat the doormat sized super flounder that

Alun - you just know you will be going for everything (except conger!) so just get on with it!

Models I have been following have the weather increasingly localised in geographic and timing so it really will be last minute dot com

however it will be between W and N so many fishable marks, and the lack of tide reduces the risk of any unexpected condition changes for the return trips!

good luck everyone - probably not back on here until after the event now; not even back in the country yet let alone Poole!