Dont Forget Your Camera's

Paul J

Hi Guys,

Dont Forget your digital Camera's

You'll need them for the Catch and Release part of the comp, and we would appreciate as many other photo's of the day as possible (not just fish shots).

You just might see yourself in our planned BFm article

Cheers

Paul

Edited by Paul J

I assume you will have a laptop with a card reader for the evening Paul - so you can simply down load and display straight away regardless of source?

If you have bluetooth as well you should be able to 'grab' straight from bluetooth enabled phones as well!

You may however have to wait for the output from a box brownie............ sad.gifsad.gif

Yes to the laptop Duncan, it will accept SD / SC cards but there may be some others (like Olympus) that it doesn't accept. I'll bring along a couple of different USB - camera connector cables as well, but if push comes to shove we'll work with the display on the back of the camera if we have to. The weight of the biggest fish will decide the winner anyway, and the only way this can be judged is on the assumption of trust. We've got a catch report form that will need to be completed by the boat skipper, he will verify the recorded weight, and his word is good enough for me. The photo (with the proof card) is simply to help prove the fish was caught on the day. At a stretch we could even accept images from phones, but I'd need help linking the image onto the laptop.

For future comps like this, BASS will be providing additional tools that will make the weighing, measuring, and displaying of captured fish much easier, but we don't have them in time for this event.

I'm out fishing this weekend to see how many bass over 5lb are there to be caught, I promise they will all be released if I catch any so they'll hopefully be available next weekend as well biggrin.gif

Al

No bass out of Kimmerage fished yesterday all day from 8am till 6pm ,with just one follow from a small fish,also got a report from an insore netter out the day before that the bass have moved off shore,he had about a mile of nets out for one bass.

James

No Bass?

Here's one, I caught this at about 11 o'clock this morning rolleyes.gif It wasn't the only one I caught either, so they are still about - including this one.

And, I even caught a mackerel on that lure you see in the picture.

There will be a double coming to someone next week I'm sure, it will just be a question of will it go back?

user posted image