The Curse Of Burnham!!

Adam F

Yes, a window has appeared!!

As for tactics on the day - I'm a little unsure until I get down there. The tides will big springs so the overfalls on the race will be sizeable even if the wind is low - in this instance smaller boats or more unsure skippers may want to give this a miss - 5 knots + of tide, plus 10 feet or more standing water can be pretty daunting and dangerous.

On the slack the banks to the east of the Shambles will be worth a look, as will the Lulworth banks.

If anyone wants inshore wreck numbers I will give them out on the morning.

The reefs inshore around the Bill will produce Wrasse, and the mussel beds will still have Bream.

If you do fish the race - live macky on a Portland rig, 6-12oz of lead will be the tactics.

Anything else?

Guys, I will try and get a load of eels, but can't promise. Martin and Alun have pm'd me, and they have first shout if we have spare. If the tide run exceeds three knts this weekend, use stormies, they work very well in this speed of tide. We took plenty of bass and cod last week in smaller tides, so it is possible. Stomy sandeels, the larger ones, not minis, will also work down there. You can also drift the bank, and collect Launce on mini rigs, but cut them down to two or three hooks, and use a silver attractor on the bottom as weight, that will give you plenty of launce fairly hooked in the mouth, not belly hooked. Sorry I cant be more helpfull on the eel front.

Rich

Adam F Posted on September 19, 2006 08:14 pm

Yes, a window has appeared!!

no sooner than one appeared its gone again sad.gif Its looking like it could be a tad snotty out there on Sunday. with a touch of east in the wind and torrential rain thrown in makes me think I might stay in bed cool.gif

James

Edited by JIMBOB

The forecast is right on the edge at the moment - Southerly 4-5 with light rain.

I havent heard anything for the guys at Burnham - I have lost thier numbers, so emails only - but silence!!

I guess we will need to make a call later today.

Adam