Industrious

charlieannear

****SPOTTED****

Martin and Bob, undertaking manual labour, in the vicinity of Upper Parkstone, approx 08.10 this morning.

(Battered) Wheelbarrow, skip and other tools evident.

No coffee mugs seen.

**END OF REPORT**

Thought Tom might like to know!

biggrin.gif

If they wern't wearing riggers boots they wern't proper workmen! biggrin.gif

Mad Mike

Hmmm, I didn't notice the footwear but Martin was wearing a brilliant white T shirt to show off his sun tan...

Back in the 50's I once had a girlfriend who liked to show off her 'tan' . This was in the days before sun beds and what she did was use Bisto and water to dye her skin.

The relationship ended one summer evening when leaving the cinema we got caught in a shower and her skin ran off in brown streaks. My hysterical laughter was probably the blame biggrin.gif

Mad Mike

Not as amusing, but factual all the same, once again in the late 50's, the people of Florida used to have their own sun tan lotion. This was, of course, before the days when a tan suddenly became dangerous. At about this time, Hawaian Tropic brought out their tanning oil which would, indeed, enhance the natural tanning process. It did not take Floridians long to work out their own product which did eactly the same; cooking oil and iodine. It was slapped on me on arrival and I can testify that it works. The only side effect is that in extremely hot weather, there is the unmistakeable aroma of cooking pork. Not unpleasant but slightly worrying.

Terry.