Specie Comp Results

Sam

Hi all,

As a relative newbie to the club and area, I thought I would post what we tried in the Bedford Sea Angling Club when we could only fish Sunday's due to it being the "best day" but numbers dropped off.

We opened the comp to the Saturday and Sunday of that week-end.

There had to be at least 3 people on our club boats, but 2 would do here, to verify any catch. You had to nominate the day you were going to fish BEFORE the date of the comp, which was normally on a Tuesday for us in Bedford. unsure.gif

If you got blown off on Staurday but others fished Sunday then tuff, it was a chance you took or the only day you could fish. sad.gif

Like the PBSBAC it was all on trust and there were no "prizes" as such so if you wanted to cheat to get your name on a shield so be it. dry.gif

Therefore it may be worth the club trying a comp where people could fish either day, but not both, for the comp. This allows those who can not fish Sunday but could get away on Saturday to have a go.

If you can fish both days you then pick the day you want to comp fish and the other as your "go for it" day. wink.gif

As I say names would have to be sent in stating which day you proposed to fish the comp.

Just my two penny's worth. ph34r.gif

Coddy

cool.gif

Thought we had had this out only recently?

I agree with Tom, Adam, Coddy, Mike, etc - it's a matter of a whole load of factors.

Personally I get about 4 pre ordained fishing trips a year - I elect for the 48 hr ('cos it;s the best chance to actually get some fishing in!) the Open (to support the club) Poole Cod comp (representing the club and small boats plus blowing the cobwebs away) and the flatfish/ray comp (well suited to our waters).

It's not the fishng of a monthly per se; although the format has been discussed - it's more the committment to fish the series competitively. I have always 'entered' the monthly comp if on the water, and reported my catch, but I could no more enter the wider commitment than I could enter a golf 'league' when expecting to play 4 games a year.

Adam is spot on, as reinforced by the other comments, the number of anglers in the club that are committed to anything beyond one off events hasn't changed. This doesn't necessarily represent any wider failing.

Following the last Club meeting and last nights committee meeting

it has been agreed that a questionairre on this topic will be included in next weeks newsletter

Can I ask you all in advance to take a little time in completing it and returning it

Thanks

Charlie biggrin.gif