Net

Adam F

I need some net - type the trawler men would use I suspect. Does anyone have any lying around in thier garage?

Reason I ask is that Pete Jnr very kindly made up a batch of S/S landing net frames. I have tried to source them commercially - just they just dont do them 'man enough' they are very fine - weak mesh.

A contact on another forum has suggested using trawel mesh, then finding out how to do a net knot - before joining it around the frame.

So: Who has some net, who knows how to tie a net knot??

Adam

I need some net - type the trawler men would use I suspect. Does anyone have any lying around in thier garage?

Reason I ask is that Pete Jnr very kindly made up a batch of S/S landing net frames. I have tried to source them commercially - just they just dont do them 'man enough' they are very fine - weak mesh.

A contact on another forum has suggested using trawel mesh, then finding out how to do a net knot - before joining it around the frame.

So: Who has some net, who knows how to tie a net knot??

Adam

Adam,

Have a look HERE, HERE and HERE for some info on net making.

If you could get hold of some suitable twine, you could perhaps make the whole net... with a bit of practice!!!

Cheers,

Alan