Mariner 4hp 2 strk - Help??

Adam F

Blue Warrior came with one of this fitted as an aux.

Problem is I cant start it. I dont have any experinace of starting them anyway - it has several buttons that I dont know what for.

Anyway before I take it in to be fixed - can anyone help me try to start it - as their may be nothing wrong with it. It is about 3 years old - but has only done about an hour's use.??

Any suggestions?

Adam

My guess is that it's a fuel related problem.

I had the same thing on my new aux when it had been left unused for over 6 months. The oil mixed with the fuel (assuming you have two stroke) becomes separated when left for a long time and starts to clog pipes and valves and filters with a horrible green sludge. This is expecially the case with a relatively new motor like yours which will be running on a larger oil/fuel mixture during the running in period.

Flush out any old fuel from the carb, float tank, pipe, filters, etc. And then try with new fuel after cleaning the plugs.

But best of all, take up Mike's kind offer and take it over to him. It will be worth it just to learn the basics from him. Be careful if he offers you a glass on Rose Wine, though. It's addictive stuff. tongue.gif

Bob F

Thanks for the offer Mike. Struggling to do anything this week - but how about early next week?

Can I bring just the OB? - Do you have anything to bolt it to?. Also I think I need to cut the S/S barrel lock off - as the key wont turn. Tried WD40 - but no luck.

Adam