30minute Mullet

Gnasher

probabbly the quickest fishing trip ive ever had. Claire had to go to christchurch to get some shoes for the kids and i had the time it took for me to drop her off at the shoe shop, buy some shoes and meet me at the slip to catch a mullet. Half an hour tops. i was just walking along the bank with one rod and 2 slices of bread looking for fish.

When it comes to mullet, i dont need half an hour to catch. a few mins later, a mullet just over 3lb, then a few mins later another of 3lb 13oz. Only a couple of babies, but on a quiver tip rod with a 1oz tip, size 16 hook and 2lb line, they give a nice scrap.

Minute bits of bread flicked in front of them catches without fail.......Out at Lymo next week for a proper one.

Dom also took Gnasher out today from Mudeford, and i look forward to his report as he got among some decent fish....Gnasher is on a role....well done today Bruv.

Pic of smaller mullet of the two landed below...

post-14-1151163449jpg

Very light line Dan...is that the norm?? Is it needed that light not to spook the thick lips?? Complete novice on flaot fishing...far better at wanging a small red Mepps in front of 'em. If you are fishing either thursday or friday, I may nip down to watch the maestro in action. I'll sit on your new seat box. wink.gif

Rich

i will show you how its done next week rich dry.gif Its not normal to fish that light, but they are spooky when you are picking out and casting to individual fish. Ive never had a mullet brake me up, even when fishing small holes between moored boats with ropes everywhere. U mentioned that your a novice at float fishing..no float, no shot, just a tiny hook mate....But if you fish that light, then a quality rod is needed that will absorb the lunges, but it has to be a very very soft through actioned rod. a bass/carp or barble rod is far to heavy for light lines.