Weather Warning Next Few Days

Afishionado

Warning

-- Strong Winds & Heavy Rain --

Areas Affected: - The UK -

Some unseasonable weather is on the way over the next few days as a series of very active low pressure systems push into the UK from the Atlantic.

Some very strong winds will develop from late Wednesday through Thursday, especially Thursday night and into Friday across Central and Southern Ireland, Wales and England from Northern England Southwards. Gusts in excess of 60mph are possible, especially over exposed coasts and hills, this bringing a small risk of some structural damage.

The strong winds will be accompanied by some heavy and persistent rain and/or heavy showers throughout the rest of the week. Rainfall totals over some parts will be in excess of 30mm to 40mm and possibly as high as 60mm where orographic enhancement plays a part. The combination of very strong winds and heavy rain will create hazardous driving conditions and also some very rough seas.

The unsettled conditions are expected to continue into the coming weekend with further showers or longer spells of rain from time to time and strong winds are expected to return by late Sunday.

Mad Mike

Arrrr Mike

The sea will be like a mill pond compared to when we had those 86mph winds back in the Winter unsure.gif

There is a guy on a another forum asking if a Seahawk 300 (Kids inflatable) is any good for boat fishing. I may see if he wants to go halves and borrow it to head to the rips at the weekend....

Tom

Andy

It's a kiddies swimming pool boat. Bigger oars required!

I think the club ran a trip out there last year in various small boats....?

Before my time, but I am sure Adam or Martin or one of the guys that went can fil you in.

I remember hearing that about 6 boats went from the club together for comfort and safety as it is pretty well mid channel.

Tom

We had 2 excusions out to the Rips last summer. The smallest boat in the little flotilla wa a raider 16, next a warrior 165, followed by Kams? and my Warrior 195. We picked the weather and had 2 brilliant days which we hope to repeat this summer. Fuel wise we all used around 70-80 litres so to be safe you would need to carry (or have carried for you) 100-120 litres

Martin