March 13th

TomBettle

Guys

I am busy and am sorry to say I cannot go, but I have just had a call from the sea school "Cruise Control" and they have a customer who wants to learn to fish.

The Boat:

Targa 31 (Stunning 4 x 4 of the sea)

For those that don't know, this boat is the dogs danglies.

Current Crew:

The owner (Marshal Someone - tbc)

Instructor (Steve Tyler of Cruise Control)

In theory, no issues, but neither of them have ever held a rod, have no gear and the owner wants to try some fishing.

Crew Required:

One, maybe two anglers with proven wrecking experience and enough appropriate tackle between them to "share" (remember a net) with the owner and instructor"

You will be required to show them / help them set up, explain technique and tactics.

You will also need to have a "passage plan" (posh word for a plan of what to do and where to go) with a series of wrecks to try.

You won't necessarily need to actually do it, but you will need to explain and help them find the chosen wrecks (The appropriate electronics are onboard) and then set up the drifts etc etc.

Costs:

Nothing to you apart from emparting your knowledge and sharing your gear with the possible loss of a few leads and jelly's etc.

The date:

March 13th is a Monday and we will be a few days off Springs.

At a guess I would say the obvious bet on a boat like this will be offshore wrecking for Pollock, however there may be some early Plaice on the Shambles, but this could get complicated with the need to drag a "reversed" anchor etc. (The owner simply wants to be taken fishing).

The boat is lying at Salterns Marina

This enquiry is provisional and is based on a call I have just had, however please let me know if you meet the criteria and fancy a trip "working" on a top boat for the day.

Tom

Nice one Tom, shame some of us have to work !!

If they want to try the Shambles during the first two weeks of April [ just before Easter ], I'm on holiday, the weather will be good, and there might be a few plaice and turbot to be had ............. and I'd love to go.

Would they steam from Poole ? How long a trip would that be ??

Alun.

Nice one Tom, shame some of us have to work !!

If they want to try the Shambles during the first two weeks of April [ just before Easter ], I'm on holiday, the weather will be good, and there might be a few plaice and turbot to be had ............. and I'd love to go.

Would they steam from Poole ? How long a trip would that be ??

Alun.

Hi Alun

March 13th has to be the day as he is paying for Cruise Control to give him instruction too.

However, we may have a new club member from this and a very nice boat that will require crew beyond this first day.

Reaching the Shambles will be no different from reaching an offshore wreck and the Targa is a QUICK boat that will go through almost anything.

On the Targa I would say a journey time of an hour will get you to most marks and an hour an a half you would be mid channel proper.

Tom

Tom, have you been in touch with Shytalk....Peter Russel?? As far as wrecks go...I think he is the guru with a superb knowledge of locations and methods.

If you need crew for set up advice, and a shoulder watcher, I'm more than happy to vollunteer my services, I'm not experienced enough to set up drifts etc.

Rich

Thanks guys

I have pm'd Pete and hoping he is going to be able to give a positive response, however the offer of anglers is greatly appreciated.

I shall let you know if it comes to fruition, please bare in mind these guys are novices and one is a brand new boat owner who wants to learn how to fish (please call or pm if you need me to explain what I mean!).

Thanks chaps and I shall be in touch.

Tom