Phil Deller

hi all

would anyone be interested in taking me out wreck fishing at

some time so i can learn to anchor etc.i am self employed

so can work round weather etc.look foward to hearing from you

phil

Hi Phil

You are welcome out on Quest II

IMHO Neap tides are the only sensible option for deep water anchoring (on a wreck or rough ground). On a neap you can still fish sensibly light with no more than 2lb of lead. Anything else and it is a killer just getting your tackle back to the surface.

In addition we drift a lot of wrecks for Pollock, Cod, Ling, Bass etc depending on time of year.

Drifting has it's own set of challenges and both techniques require a little bit of mastering and I am the first to admit that you learn a bit more everytime you go out.

If you join a crew on Quest II each crew man pays an equal share to the cost of fuel and bait. Tea and coffee are usually made onboard (so long as we remember the milk).

I am hoping to get back out in the next couple of weeks and, depending on tide, we can either target a few snakes (fairly quiet compared with Autumn, but there will be a few down there) or head way into the distance for some Pollock to see if they have finally materialised in any numbers yet.

Tackle:

Conger, Typically a 30lb class or 20lb if you are brave (or foolish like me), balanced to the right reel loaded with braid.

A selection of leads from 10oz to 2lb, weight carriers, heavy (200lbish) mono trace line and chubba hubba 8/0 hooks (I use Cox & Rawle Meat Hooks).

A stack of mackeral for bait.

Pollock, 12lb / 20lb rod (again use a 6lb class if you are a donkey like me), balanced reel and 12lb / 16lb braid.

Selection of leads up to 10oz, long booms (either sliding or wire), amnesia or fluro carbon trace line of around 20lbish and 6/0 or 4/0 wire hooks depending on which lure or bait.

Bait will either be a selection of Jelly worms, Shads, Storm Lures etc or Live Sandeels, Joey Mackerel etc if we can get them at the appropriate time of year.

Tom

tom

not sure if you got my pm so in case you didnt.would be great to

go out with you but would you have space for two of us and when do

you think you will be going

phil

Hi Phil

No problem with space for two.

Quest II will fish three in luxury, four OK and five at a real squeeze.

I have to say I am not completely sure when I will be out next it is a combination of weather, work and tieing up with time off etc.

It was pants last time I went, but the mid channel fish shuold be well and truly in by now. This is another part of wrecking, it can be a long day for hardly anything or day that flys by with loads of good fish.

You just never know what is going to happen! biggrin.gif

I shall let you know when I have a better idea of time off.

Tom