Beach Fishing Trip

Manic Moore

Can anyone help. A mate is coming up from Cornwall this weekend for a week or so and we thought we might have a go at a beach trip. But not really done any around here I don't have much of a clue to ensure (as much as thats possible!) that we might catch a few bits.

Has anyone got a spot / technique that they could PM me to help. I certainly won't be over fishing it!

Any help or advice greatfully recieved

REgards

Gordon

If you pop over to the Solent Fishing site, they have a shore pages detailing marks from Keyhaven to Selsey. This side of Southampton you have Keyhaven, Hurst, Calshot, Hythe, ..... The most consistant marks seems to be Magazine Lane, flounders, whitings, eels, pout, are caught in the last week.

Flattie bashing is always a good bet. Even I have managed a few of the beach this year. The big plus is that you dont have to cast far so if you havent got the kit or just cant cast far its not a problem. At high tide fish can be literally right under your feet !

Rockley always fishes well for flatties but I have been told that to the right hand side of Evening hill is also fishing well with quite a few fish coming out. The good thing with Evening Hill is that if the weather turns nasty you can sit in your car!

Tight lines and let us know how you get on.

Hi i agree with Dan. Avon Beach for loadsa bites...all small fish just small whiting (and loads of them), a few small rockling, and a few small bass. its a good crack on light gear fishing 2-3 hooks with ragworm casting about 30-40 yards out. its good fun and the bites are savage. Milford shingle for codling but the weed is a bloody nightmare so fishing can become impossible,also the tide can rip thru and holding bottom with that and the weed makes distinguishing any bites impossible.

I recommend Hurst Castle fishing in quite close as you can pick up bass, codling, and doggies but its one hell of a walk.........if your keen!

Try the deeper water fishing quite close in as there is a big drop off but pretty much all round the end-most baits work thru the summer, but squid thru winter. its not a splace for the bigger bass but they are generally between 1-4lb with the odd bigger fish about.

Plugging is always worth a good go fishing the entrance of keyhaven as it slacks off a bit from the tide and its shallower!

But the walk is a killer-on a boat tho its a doddle its a 10-15 minute steam from keyhaven.

All the best gents!

Chesil beach is always worth a bash, abbotsbury is a short walk, loads of pout, whiting and doggies this time of year and some good size ones and always a chance of something bigger. Also dont need to cast far most people have one at 30yds and one as far as they can chuck. there is a link on the main apge to the local shore fisherman website which is usefull.