Coastguards And Wildfowlers

Wedger

If any of you are in BASC and/or have seen the recent article 'Ever Been Drowned?' Perhaps you would give me your impression. I have already sent a response to the editor, which I am about to copy to the MCA and RNLI. It would be helpful to hear your views first. Come on chaps let me know what you think.

Many thanks

T

Mike

A tale of two idiots who venture out onto a salt marsh to shoot wild duck. Not much wrong with that, if that is their chosen sport! Trouble is the irresponsible way they go about it. They actually walk out to a spot on the marsh near to the main channel where not only do they get cut off for 3 hours but at high tide they are waist deep in water with the tide flowing round them. On the occasion related to in the article they describe how an ignorant member of the public had raised the alarm and then described the actions of the Coastguard as a fiasco likened to the Keystone Cops. They had not logged a plan with MCA or the police they had no means of communication with them.

Taking a drink from a hip flask they celebrate beating Mother Nature, but go home in disgust as the would be rescuers have somehow stolen the magic of the moment, and 'this is going to be embarrassing at the next wildfowlers meeting'.

I'll bring a copy to the meeting.

T