E-bay

jack

A piece of advice, nothing to do with fishing.I sometimes sell and buy the odd item on e-bay. I keep a separate e-mail address for this use only. I have not made any use of e-bay for a while and was surprised when I logged on my Pc. to be told that my "commercial" e-mail hed 17 messages.I was amazed on opening them ,to find that they were "questions to the seller" from all over the world,from potential buyers for an extremely expensive computer system I was ALLEGEDLY selling.I logged on to e-bay and there it was,in my name etc ,with bids around

If I was you, I will check my Paypal account. The chance is if someone got hold of my ebay account detail, they could well have the Paypal account too.

Is you computer sufficiently protected? Nothing in life is 100%, someone might have put a virus/keystroke recorder into your computer or they simply hacked into yours.

Guest mad mike

Jack, download the e-bay tool bar of the e-bay site. This has a thing built in that automaticaly guards against what you discribe and a host of other things too. It's free by the way and well worth having even if you do not use e-bay a lot.

Mad Mike