Clubsite Blip

jack

I've never used "my assistant" before but I suppose its quite useful. After the initial play though I would probably only ever use the new post button and search and there both available without the assistant. So will probably revert to using those specific buttons again

Martin

Thanks one and all. the" my assistant tab".when clicked. just clicks with a little sound but nothing occurs. if things are being blocked for me I am usually told.and can permit or not,this is'nt happening. I used it mostly to track new posts etc.{ I am now using "view new posts" [which works ] but I just wondered why my assistant had got bored or gone to sleep. never mina Aigh !..... wink.gif jack

If the above works then can you see the adverts at the top of this page for Tacklebargains ( as in the pictures of lures / reels etc. - three pictures to the top RHS of the page ).

If you cannot see them then the problem is the setting for Internet Security - Scripting.

Select Tools - Internet Options and then the Security Tab. Then press the "Custom Level" button. Scroll to the bottom and then up 4 items and you will see a button labelled "Scripting -

Active Scripting

Disable

Enable

Prompt.

If the "Disable" button is select then this is your problem. Select the "Enable" button then press OK button, then press OK button on the window asking if you are sure. Then select OK on subsequent window left.

Of course if the above was set to "Enable" then it is something else smile.gif

well well ! Yes I got a new page,I tried the asst. button on that one. no joy.

No I did'nt get any of the normal adverts at the top. I'l have another go at that on Sunday evening,if I am not exhausted from dragging in fish. look out for Andy and I in palomine on or near the ledge...jack

post-9-1128182089.gif

Jack,

The fact you dont get the adverts at the top RHS of the forum means that there is something up with running JavaScript on your PC / Internet Explorer. ( That was what the playing around with settings was about ). The assistant is a Javascript popup.

Now racking my brains as to what could cause this.