Tope Tides

john c

After our last trip when we actually managed to catch a Tope despite the dodgy tide tables, we are going on Saturday. I have slack at approx, 1.5hrs before high water Weymouth and 3.5 hours after. This is looking at the tidal streams from "Along the Dorset coast" Does anyone know if this is near.

I must catch a Tope as at present my brother-in-law is beating me. Its my boat but he is a lot luckier than me with the big fish.

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards

John C

Thanks for the info. I will record the times and tides when we are out there and see if it compares with any tables that I have. The tidal streams on the chart suggest that the tides are split at approx. 3 miles out. Just my luck !!!!!

Regards

John C

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest

Bob,

It was along the Dorset Coast.

The tides seem to be approx. the same as the Kyarra tides, get these from the Swanage pier web site links. They also relate to Kimmeridge by about plus 1 hour 50 mins but the tides are opposite. In other words, high tide Kimmeridge from the Kimmeridge bay tables would be low at the Tope spot. Still, at least its a point of reference.

Thanks to everyone who helped with the information.

Regards

John C