48 Hr Specimen Hunt

Adam F

Just a quick reminder to let you all know it is your club's annual 48 hour Specimen Hunt this weekend.

The original idea was to replicate the event last year where we used the Mariner Club for the presentation and had a few donated prizes - however due to the Burnham Club comp demanding much of my time recently on top of the other comps / events each weekend, we have not managed to organise these final details.

Therefore the event will revert back to its original format this year. It is STILL

Given your plans you feel free to have your snifters in Weymouth Rich! rolleyes.gif

Personally I am expecting a calm heatwave (law of averages) and will be BBQ ing on the boat through the weekend between tides and fish, possibly stopping off in Swanage or Braye (using the water taxi in either to get in/back) for a snifter.......

rafted up off Studland beach late afternoon Saturday? If we can use a small craft as a tender back and forwards to the beach we can actualy hold it in the BBQ area on the beach (downside is you loose the sun early to the shadow of the cliff).

you can have the sausages, burgers and beer - I'm with Adam and fancy mackerel, bream, bass a lightly dressed salad and ice cold Muscadet......... rolleyes.gif

that won't work as we would only catch bass so big we would want to put them back........ biggrin.gif

however we always get large mackerel (when trying for joey's to use to catch the big bass.......) so how about we do it that way round?

huh.gif