Help

jack

This may not be the place for this queery,but I have tried everything I know to sort this irratating problem.When I print off articles,especially those with full pages of script,for example our Bass fishing advice,I loose the last 8 or so digits/spaces from the script in each sentence,even though the paper has a margin of 15+ mm each side.I have re-calibrated my printer several times,even lying to attempt to gain more space on the right,without success.I have windows xp and feel sure there must be a way of altering margins on the printed page set-up so as to include all the lettering on each line..... I know I am a computor dummy,and yes I have looked in "'PC's for dummies",which I have found to be helpful usually,but I still cant find the cure. dry.gif can anyone help ?jack

The more of a margin you have, the narrower the page will be, so set the left and right hand at a minimum, try 0 or something, the worse it can do is waste a sheet of A4 and some ink. Some printer can print pretty close to the edge while other is not as keen.

You could try highlighting the text to be printed go to file, click on print then check the print selected items only box (or similar depending on printer software) then print it should print ok.

If you cant sort the problem by doing the above why not try highlighting the text/article you want to print, right click within the highlighted text, click on copy then paste into a word document. Dont forget to adjust your margins in page setup to ensure the document is printed complete

Martin

I can bring up the print assistant box, I have tried all the tabs etc.but there is nothing I can find that gives me the option of asdjusting margins,this is for sure what I need but I can't find how to access it...thanks jack

The problem may be html (internet pages) are never justified to the right hand side.

The way to do it is to copy the text to Notepad before printing or recopying into your word processor. This will remove any formatting.

Sounds complicated but it does work.

Problem solved.I was working away on this ,when my 10 yr old grandson arrived..."what you do-ing grandad ?". I explained and he said " They've told you how to do it ,you just,click ,click ,click".......Bloody Smartass !! . I did'nt dare to ask him what he knows about Fishing !! dry.gif Jack.