Monday Fishing

john c

Hi all

Planning a trip out tommorrow (Monday) off Durlston. Can anyone give me any numbers to locate theTope. I know the rough area but a more accurate fix might help me catch my first Tope. Also what is the best technique.

I am planning to anchor an hour before slack and fish untill the tide gets too strong. Mackeral fillet to a 6/0 hook on a 150lb nylon trace. Am I going in the right direction ??

Also I believe the tide times are approx 2 hrs different to Kimmeridge. Is this before or after??

Any info would be useful.

Regards

John C

John,

Tides aren't going to be that different to Kimmeredge!

10 mins maybe unless you are moving right out off the coast - say 7 miles +

Re actual numbers - well if you look closely at some recent tope pictures you can tell where they are! However nobody will ever give me any more precise numbers on the grounds that the fish are all over out there! I just get rays all the time........ sad.gif

Hi John

The bait and tackle you suggest should do the trick, just hit the bites fairly early to stop the tope swallowing the hook and geting a chance to chew your mono trace line.

My money would be on their teeth over 150lb mono.

go about three miles out from the lighthouse and fish into a deep hole/gulley, there are plenty of deep bits out there

Tight lines

Charlie

Thanks Charlie

I found some hooks in my box with wire on them. This will probably deal with the toothy bit and then the heavy nylon may help with the rough skin.

I looked at Jame's photos from his Topetastic Tuesday. They all look to be towards St Aldhelms. I have been told about the mile markers and the lighthouse, so guess they could be all along this bit of coast.

The wind looks lke its dropping for Monday so it could be fairly smooth out there. We'll have a go and report back.

Thanks for the advice.

John C