Friday Evening

Paul J

With the weather being so nice Friday and reports that it would go down hill over the weekend i had to get out.

A race against time and tide saw me sneak out off Mudeford at 5pm. Paul D came by the Yard to show off his new Car just before i launched and very nice it is too.

Sea was flat and what a joy it was to head off into the Sun towards hengisbury head.

Birds soon gave away where the Mackerel were and with the sea so Flat you could see them breaking the surface. Several drifts later I had plenty of bait but a free lined livey and several tosses of the plastic didn't produce any siver bars, - great fun though.

Saw Alun J was a bit further out so i decided to go have a chat but just as got half way he shot off in another Direction so i wemt to the ledge.

Tide had just started flooding 8 - 8:30pm so i gave it 1/2 hour and got a couple of dogs and a wrasse. Not wanting to be out to long by myself and with no lights i had to up sticks a bit early and head in to the Run.

I decided to troll a plug on the other side of the Bar until the tide rose a bit before going up the harbour. it was a little weedy but alittle Bass of 1 1/2 lbs jump on my raparla a gave me some fun

That was it, a very enjoyable evening, Wish i had more time

Paul J

Yep; lovely evening to start my week's holiday. Had to grap a couple of hours as weather forecasts hold little cheer for when I can next get out.

Much calmer than I'd expected.... but I had trouble finding mackerel; I stayed mostly closer in, where the water was much warmer....... but only got three.

Nearer the ledge I got a pollack about 3 lbs that hit my hokkais like a bass [ well, for a few seconds at least !!]..... but the weed was more abundent out here.

So went and tried for a bream in the deep hole near the groyne as the tide was now running but only got doggie after doggie.

Gorgeous orange/red sunset [well after 9 !], a final drift over the ledge and a whizz in on flat sea and rising tide..........still 17 C.....when packing up....and home before 10.

Now look at the weather this morning!! Roll on summer!

Alun.