Next Years Fishing Trip

Manic Moore

Although I guess those of you who went to Alderney enjoyed yourselves (I wish I had went) what about something more exciting.

I have been fishing a couple of times in Florida and the beach fishing is something else and if we were able to arrange a couple of boat trips as well.

I think if we were careful the cost wouldn't be much more than Alderney. Although British Airways would look kindly on luggage full of fish I bet a you would bring back some real good fishing stories.

We could even combine a partners fishing / shopping / family holiday if you needed to convince the FPO

What do think?

Floridaless Moore

rolleyes.gif

Although I guess those of you who went to Alderney enjoyed yourselves (I wish I had went) what about something more exciting.

I have been fishing a couple of times in Florida and the beach fishing is something else and if we were able to arrange a couple of boat trips as well.

I think if we were careful the cost wouldn't be much more than Alderney. Although British Airways would look kindly on luggage full of fish I bet a you would bring back some real good fishing stories.

We could even combine a partners fishing / shopping / family holiday if you needed to convince the FPO

What do think?

Floridaless Moore

rolleyes.gif

It is certainly worth discussion but the whole east coast of the USA is probably the most expensive areas for boat charter you could find. The average day charter for deep sea is abot

However there are other exotic sea fishing venues like Africa, Cuba, Canada, Norwegian fijords, Iceland, even Greenland which could make a brilliant club group venue.

Hi Guys,

If you are thinking of Africa, try Jeri and Sue Drake. They've just set up a business that includes guiding fishing tours in Namibia. Http://www.excalibur-tackle.com/, or [sue-jeri@iway.na].

Steve

I'm off to Vancouver Island in the summer for the best part of three weeks.

I'm trying to arrange a charter trip or two....... halibut and about five or six types of salmon. All - in trips on a 25 ft. + boat arranged around party of four seem about $800 a day [ about

I have to go to Norway for business a couple of times a year smile.gif

The guys I see over there are mad keen fishermen like most of their countrymen as well as knowledgable boat owners.

The best time to go to Norway is end of March into April so they tell me.

You need to go a fair way North to get the BIG cod! wink.gif

Beer IS exspensive as is most things there.

If you want to do it, there are a couple of ways to get there:

1 drive up north to Newcastle and catch the ferry

2 Fly on Ryanair to Torsk and hire a car, long drive

3 Fly to Oslo catch another flight up north hire car there

Coddy

cool.gif