Shetland Islands

Member Removed

Names Harry Smith Live in Immingham in Lincs member of Humber Crusing Association boat angling club.Own sheltland Alaska 500 no255 Named Topcat.Am Trailering my boat to the Shetland Islands for a week on the 16th june and although I have been many times before, I have family there and my uncle used to own a boat,I am looking to get as much info on the fishing, marks etc as I can I have tried the net to search for a sea angling club in the Shetlands but have had no joy.Have bought the charts so I can go down that road spoke to some of the locals on my previous trips but they all just seem to be interested in the food content of the sea rather than the sport so any information would be greatly appreciated.Excellent site by the way.tight lines Harry

post-7-1116717607.jpg

The Shetland Isles is a little out of our area, Harry. We do have trailering events outside the area, but the Shetland Isles is not one of them. I'm afriad you will be doing a bit of pioneering for us.

Looking forward to your report on your return.

cheers

BF

ps - I do remember an article in one of the fishing mags about fishing in the Shetlands but cannot find the damn thing now.

Hi Harry, welcome to the forum. There is another usefull forum that I use on occasion, called total fishing.com......click on the sea angling button, register, and ask away. You will get informed replies very very quickly....it can be a tadd political though!!!! There is a guy up that way, well north of the Watford Gap!!, called Davey Holt, who speciallises in Common Skate trips, I'm sure he will reply to your thread if you post one. Loads of scotsmen post on there regularly. Best of luck, and tight lines.

Rich

Fairy sure that Andy and I fished this area,in early Feb.cant really be sure as we still had'nt worked out how to use the plotter etc,at the time our simrad plotter said we were on the Skagarat ,it was only when we took it back to thier depot that we found it had been fitted with the wrong chart !.But it did't matter we still motored for 8hrs and lots of miles for our normal nil result.I am sure that this is of no use at all to Harry,but I am renowned for being bloody useless...cheers jack biggrin.gif