Fish On Friday

john c

Hi all

The weather looks good on Friday for my first trip of the season on Mad Miller.

Can anyone suggest the most likely place to start this early on?

I can get as far as Kimmeridge in a couple of hours from the slip at Ridge, but there must be some hot spots nearer to Poole Entrance.

Some early Mackeral would be nice with a couple of Bream thrown in for good measure. I've got some smelly old fish bits to use as ground baitfor the Bream. I am thinking of putting the frozen remains in an onion bag and tying it to the anchor. Do you think this would help.

Any ideas would be greatfully received as I really do have no idea!!!!!!

Regards

John C

JOhn,

mince or mash the fish with some oil then stick into the onion sack

reports of some really nice bream to the West - havn't heard much on Ballard lately although the charter fleet was all there on Sunday when I went past.

have a good trip - I am hoping to get out for the first time (fishing) this season on Saturday and will be heading West.

Hi John

The summer season seems to have started with marks in the Bay producing Bream Wrasse Pollack Garfish and Mackeral, so no need really to steam to kimmeridge.

The groundbait on the anchor warp can not hurt unless the wind is holding you out of the scent trail. on the rocky bream marks that may even get Conger and Tope to pick up your baits.

We tried a small wreck on Sunday without any sign of either of these species, but they are out there waiting.

Very tight lines

Charlie biggrin.gif

I am hoping to get out for the first time (fishing) this season on Saturday and will be heading West.

Been looking at the weather for Saturday but 15mph winds and 1.5mtr swell does not make for comfortable fishing. mad.gif

Coddy

cool.gif