Net Results And Stainless Rings

Afishionado

Mike,

There is a place in Lymington on the Gordleton Mill Industrial Estate (Hannah Way) that should do everything that you need. Its a Warehouse that mass produces landing and keepnets but also has masses of netting and I think you can also get stainless rings from there aswel. (frames, anchore rings etc) If anyone else needs any gear they do massive sea boat nets with handles for about a fiver, My carp net that would cost me about 80 squid (42 inch frame, bow loc carbon handle etc) done me for 8 quid. I cant remember the name of it but its next door to Plumb Base. Il put the name of it 2moz for any1 interested.

Dan

mad.gif Try Stainless Steve for your Alderney ring, also does some very nice landing nets (316 stainless). I can`t find his number but his address is

Unit 15 Setters Workshop

Lymington

SO41 8YE

I have just bought a ring, that was me wrapped around a crab pot at Poole Patch on Sunday.

Can someone tell me what the net is used for ? we have a big one in a clip on" Pal o mine"Still brand new after more than 2 years.?...jack dry.gif

Haven't a clue meself Jack. I just thought that as everybody else had one I had to have one too.

My guess was that it was some sort of safety feature I could not fathom out, or that it was a ritual thing like rolling your trouser legs up at the meetings. By the way do we still have to do that? Martin said so but I notice that I am the only one doing it sad.gif

Mad Mike

yep blonde and spotted butterflies - big ones at that!

toothed buterflies

we used to net long thin butterflies too but don't bother now, preferring to bar 'm off in the water. This will off course have to change when (not if!) the magic 60 is exceeded.......... blink.gif

while I am happy th enet will hold, even with the tope tears, the alloy frame doesn't instill confidence and a longer handle was politely requested by PaulJ in December (after having to be hauled back in by his harness after netting duties on a cod........)