Tue

Gnasher

Packed the car and was half way to Sway Lakes for a carp session when the James calls asking me if im up for a trip on Dawn Raider. Turned back in seconds and met him at Wick.

We cruised out and decided to see if we could tempt a Plaice, but with the wind blowing a bit and we were drifting to fast and had no joy. Cruised onto the ledge in no time in a calm sea and tried for a bream or two, James had a small wrass and had I missed a bite, but with no tide moving we decided Xray was worth a try. Another missed bite and a tiny pout to james but still no tide. The tide was so small it felt like we were fishing slack water all day. Motored off to Southbourne rough for another go at the Plaice. James had a couple of sharp knocks on the tip but alas nothing on the end. We decided to head back home, really tough fishing but an enjoyable day. Dawn Raider is a fishermans dream, for a 16footer she has an enormous amount of fishing space and we used 5 rods between us. Thanks James for an enjoyable day.

Dan

Hi Dan,

Those sharp tap bites were probably pout and/or very small whiting ........

.......... I had afew last Friday....... perhaps the bass will be there soon to chase them??

I'm going to try the Shambles this Friday ....... for something a bit bigger!!

Cheers ,

Alun.