Easter Sunday Report

Coddy

My old fishing mate was down this week-end so we decided to try a spot of fishing as Paul J could not make the 'Boat Handling Day' .

After meeting up with the others and watching them practice manovers, we headed off to try to catch some fish.

On the way out pf Poole there was a good number of boats drifting the Swash so we thought they know something we don't so we stopped and drifted as well.

Within minutes my rod was rattling and up came my first ever place all 1.5lbs! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

We continued to drift but the tide soon became too fast so we headed off to the Spoils. Funny I thought why are we the only ones here? Still we anchured up a sat and waited and waited then I got a good bite and up came a 1lb pout. We waited and waited ................. unsure.gif

In the end enough was enough we headed back to the entrance and tried some more drifting but no more fish. sad.gif

Went back to the slip at 5pm and was home by 6pm

All in all a good day to be out and wet a line, shame not many fish but I am trying to learn the marks and tactics.

Regards

Coddy

cool.gif

nice to catch a plaice in the swash on light tackle good job you stopped.

while on the boat polishing i could see you lot racing around doing the training i also saw you dave about 5pm getting the boat out the water.

nice to be out there hopefully will get out soon

sam

Hi Charlie

Better add the pout as knowing my luck it will be the only one I catch this year laugh.gif

Interesting water further out on Sunday, calm but with a large swell every now and then.

Not knowing where to go I followed the main body of boats which seemed to work on this occasion unless I wanted to go to Studland bay and drink my G&T then race back in before it gets dark. wink.gif

Why is it that everyone goes flat out when there are so many boats drifting or at anchor creating one hell of a wash? Bet if I went past when they were drinking their G&T's they would soon start shouting! mad.gif

Coddy

cool.gif