Tues 22 Mar Valkyrie out of Hayling Island

Newboy

Not been fishing for over 4 months, having been cancelled 6 weeks on the trot.

6 of us booked Glen for a bank trip, but the night before the forecast was for 2-8 miles wind, one of the guy suggested why don't we go for a wreck trip instead? So a quick phone call to glen at 9:30pm and the trip was changed to wrecking, 

Started off from Northney at 7:00am, we steamed 2 and half hours to our first wreck, a few fish, not a bad start, moved to second wreck and a few more, not hectic but keeping everyone interested plus 2 of the guys were wrecking virgins, so I lost fair amount of time helping them retied lost rigs etc. 

I caught 9 pollocks, plus a bonus cod about 9-10 lbs, Glen said that's the earliest he's ever caught a cod on the wrecks. 

Most fish were in the 6-10lbs mark, a couple hitting about mid teens. By about 2 pm, we said we had enough (about 40) pollocks and lots of jumbo pouts between the 6 of us, so we decided to go congering on a wreck on the way home instead, only the one conger caught and it was only about 20 lbs. All in all a great day.

i fish with Glen regularly, top skipper.

should be out wrecking with him this Saturday but doesn't look promising.

hopefully get our boat out Friday.

Top top skipper, we fish with him regularly, a few more trip plus a Fecamp trip in July.

The guys loves him as he's willing to try anything we give him, chicken feet, duck feet, tripe.....