Madness ray comp

Maverick Martin

We left Cobbs for the 8:30 bridge and spotted a few other likely candidates sneaking out to find some Rays.  The wind was stronger than expected pushing a four and as the morning went by so the wind against tide built the sea up to a sloppy mess. As the tide eased the sea state improved then when the tide changed the wind dropped right off leaving us with a reasonable beautiful sunny afternoon 

Our day was a day of 2 halves.  We headed out to a bank that has thrown up various ray along with other species in the past. The hook was set and first drop I was into a bream of 3lb 3oz.  That was followed by a small blonde ray to Dean of around 7.5lb we had four or five more blondes until the tide eased.  Largest went to me at 14.8oz with deans largest being 11lb 8oz.  As well as the blondes we had 2 decent Bream pollock and pout.  Funny thing is that pm after the tide had ease we never had a bite.  

It was great to be out and although not manic on the fishing front I thoroughly enjoyed the day and am now fired up and can't wait to our next trip out.