technical help/advice required

jack

My son Andy has this wonderous device fitted to his boat.Just like a snail,every time we go out it leaves a trail on the screen.unfortunately our accumulated trails now appear as Motorways ! and no matter what we do, we cant erase them.We have read and re-read the manual,but nothing works.doe's any out there have the answer ?.And even better [although cheekier ] is there anyone who would be prepared to give some tuition in its use ?.we are marina based in Poole,and would be happy to re-emburse expenses...[simrad CE 33 Colour chart Plotter.]

you would appear to have to delete them one by one - which whilst a pain is a feature I would actually like! Neither of my plotters suports this and I have to actuall save a track as a route to retain it alone.

additioanlly you an simply switch of the diplay of the track (s) and will get a clear screen back but I would delete the old ones you dont want as routes and start again.

Hope this helps

post-6-1110126958.jpg

Thanks Duncan.Young useless,said he had sussed the delete last track and had sat on the boat for almost an hour do- ing it with no discernable change,but after all there must be almost 100 over the same ground,so it would be an all day job.he says now that bearing in mind we have never succeeded in finding anything we had set out to look for,he will do as you suggest and delete the lot....jack biggrin.gif