Sunday 17th Wishin Too catch some fish

niggle

Out today with my friend Chris(non-member)on a friendly species hunt with some 7 other boats but limited on the species and sizes that counted.

I came up with a plan of bagging up on bream around Ballard then move to the patch,first part worked well but the patch was hard work and slow going.

We ended up catching 32 bream to 2lb14oz ,2 in size ballon wrasse and a Garfish that counted and a Goby plus various other wrasse and undersized bream that didn't.It was a lovely day that blew up around lunchtime plus lots of annoying weed,had a half hearted attempt for a plaice but the weed killed the enthusiasm.

Great days sport with just 3 bream retained as deeply hooked and joint first with my friend Nick.

Only scar on the day is Wishin Too has lost power max speed was 20knts and max of 3000 revs,at first I thought it might of been a fuel supply problem but I eliminated that and then realised that I couldn't hear the turbo.Back on the pontoon I stripped it down and inspected the impeller on both sides.......all good but no visible waste gate,so I'll make some calls tomorrow to Yamaha agents and if none the wiser get Dan to have look as he has more experience with these water wallet drainers 😀