GPS

Manic Moore

Hi All

Trying to get to grips with my GPS. I have been transfering some date from PC charts and discovered one is set on WGS 72 and my unit is WGS 84 sad.gif

From what I can see there seems to be a slight difference on the numbers, although they are both degrees, mm.mmm

Could someone explain

Regards

Gordon

In laymans please

tongue.gif

Your GPS will convert for you. Dig around in the Menu and re-set the datum to WGS72. Enter and save the PC plots, then reset datum back to WGS84 and the unit will automatically adjust the numbers to suit.

This is a common problem with things like Dive site data, which is often in OSGB36. The offset between OSBG36 and WGS84 is in excess of 400 yards so it matters! Problem is, so few folk quote datum when they give numbers.

On the same subject, anyone know if a GPS unit will convert Decca? I've been given some Decca numbers and I've not yet got out into the cold to plug the GPS and see if it is possible.

Steve

bob........where, oh where does your brain store all this info??? I must say, my little black book is getting to look like a ring binder with all these links!!

Martin, will this site hold ALL historic threads, so all one needs to do to look up an item is to review threads by such and such??

Cheers, Rich

Rich

All the threads are still on the site except for a few that have been deleted where appropriate. To view older threads you can either open a heading, look at the bottom of the page where you will see: Showing 10 of 10 topics sorted by: last post date In: Descending order from: the last 30 days

All the bold items are drop down boxes so they can be changed to your preference

so if you change the last thirty days to another say since the beginning you will see all the threads under that heading.

Another way and probably easier way to find historic threads is to do a search. To do one click on the magnifying glass entitled search, fill in your keywords and if you can remember who made the post their name, fill in the appropriate options and when your ready click on perform search.

There the above should keep you happy for ages......happy reading

biggrin.gif

Martin

BobF wub.gifwub.gifwub.gif

as another couple of members will be aware my regular fishing partner has 'a few years' under his belt off Poole, potting and trawling out to mid channel, but everything he ever wrote down is in Decca coordinates..........I had given up finding an application to convert!

All I need now is his his book!

Thanks again wub.gif