short trip Friday evening

Graham Nash

I was invited to make numbers up on a short charter trip Friday evening .... I'm not a great fan of charter trips after my last experience on one of the more highly recommended local boats/skippers but as it was only a 5 hour trip I thought I'd give it a go. It couldn't have been more different! Real friendly skipper "ANDY"  on Random Harvest 11 took us out at 5.30 and had us back at 10.30pm

Only a couple of the other clients had fished before (and there were 3 kids there too) I only knew one other person but the skipper kept everyone in refreshments, had a selection of equipment and bait ready for everyone and generally made sure everyone had a great time.

He put us on the fish so everyone caught. About 50 bream (only about 6 kept) a million pout!!, few doggies, mackerel, a solitary dab and I had a smoothy. 

Anyone wanting to break youngsters in gently could do worse than go with this guy. 

Graham.