DAM Inliner Rod

gaffa

Christened my 2.4m 10-12lb rated Dam Inliner rod yesterday on Poole Patch with a couple of bream.

I loved the rod it is very light and takes a hell of a bend.

It is very sensitive to the slightest vibration on the end of the line whether from fishes or scraping the bottom ; I could feel everything.

Only two problems found :

1. The butt cover (over the Gimbal fitting) fell off as I pulled the rod out of the rod rest and was lost overboard....don't need it anyway.

2. The mono to Braid knot tends to "catch" in the top ring during casting .It pulls through ok but snags during the cast limiting distance.

I have overcome the issue of having to re-thread the line by tying a long enough mono leader to a link swivel and zip slider/shock bead combo which allows the rod to be split /taken apart when not in use or during trsnsportation.

OK you cant use the two compartment rod bag but who uses them anyway.

I liked using it so much I decided to buy another ..They are great value at only £31.99 plus £0.95 insurance and £4.95 postage + packaging

There are heavier duty ones available in the range but I really like these.

http://www.askari-fishing.co.uk/__WebShop__/product/fishing/rods/boat-beachcasting-rods/dam-steelpower-red-inliner-downrigger-240-fishing-rods/detail.jsf

Heavier duty ones are currently £34.99 to £38.99 depending on size

http://www.askari-fishing.co.uk/__WebShop__/product/fishing/rods/boat-beachcasting-rods/dam-steelpower-red-inliner-210-260-fishing-rods/detail.jsf

Has anyone found any long term usage problems with these?

Peteg