Its Mondays Tea

Sinbad

Some more details of saturdays trip

hopefully with an uploaded picture if I can make it work !

Surprised expression no doubt due to internal wind.

Just cooked and eaten a marvelous tea...

Home cooked garlic, onion, mushroom and tomato sauce with basil, simmered to a thick puree..then spooned over a nice fillet and in the oven for 20 mins. rolleyes.gif

I cant remember seeing such cooked white fish for a long while, far better than the battered grey dogs you get in our chip shop. (no offence to darryl's !)

Anyway, after cooking and clearing up, I've saved the Penn rebuild for an alcohol free day, and the wilderness of dry land for the next few weeks.

A few fishy details, of the day, again amazed by the still and calm conditions. We fished cleanish ground, a few stones perhaps.. on Aluns side... in about 28m

But hooked a total of 3 Conger, one took my trace after a few minutes fight - and what was left came up with orange braid wrapped round it - obviously someone elses fish. So cant have been completely clean/ sandy area.

Interesting both us and Charlie& Co on GW caught plenty of whiting on Pout fillets - a first for me.

The Cod was taken on a short 12lb class rod, ageing Penn, and a paternoster baited with a small piece of squid on a size 2/0. (my whiting rig).

I've read somewhere he who fishes with a small bait gets what he deserves!

I wouldnt recommend these tactics necessarily, but just shows you can have alot of fun on light gear when tide and conditions are good.

Tight lines

Sinbad