Poole Bay Plaice Chase 2013

lofty

user posted image

New for 2013 is a spring meet to get everyone motivated for Summer :-X

Having some PBSBAC goodies donated for a prize I've decided to organize a meet, a kayak anglers get together,that I intend to use the goodies for.

I've teamed up with Bournemouth fishing lodge to promote our sport with some nice goodies for 1st Plaice(pun intended) and other bits and bobs.

This will run along the successful format of the flounder meet. Yakkers will register on the cliff top at Southbourne from 8am ,will take a number and can then go and fish from Boscombe to the Coast Guard hut at Hengistbury head .Most will launch from Southbourne but the parking can be a pain so first come,first served. There is also a pay parking with height restrictions further along towards Boscombe and parking near the pier. I've put a limit to the area as beyond the coastguard hut can potentially be trouble for beginners.

When i get some time i will post tides , accommodation parking restrictions etc .If you have this info feel free to post.

BFL are really up for this so it should be a great meet with the bonus of never really knowing what Southbourne can throw out.

It would be great if on the day we could have a PBSBAC members boat on hand for a safety boat should anything go wrong?

Looking forward to meeting friends old and new.

sounds good Lofty .... I'm sure there will be plenty of PBSBAC boats eager to get out on the water around that time (following the winter lay off). Its a bit early for me to confirm just yet, but i will probably be one of them.

I've only posted this yesterday on Anglers Afloat and already its been read over 100 times.

I hope to have 30 + come and join in . Ill have a whip round for the RNLI . I hope to make this an annual event on the AA calendar . I am putting this together as an individual, that way it keeps PBSBAC out of any responsibility or liability in case of unforeseen problems. I'm sure on the day ill be able to rope one of you old sea dogs into being a safety boat . Not much can happen that can't be sorted out on the kayak but a slip of a knife or a wayward hook ???

I'm a trained first aider and not afraid of other people's blood so should something happen ill be on it.

Thanks to the club for the tackle donation , that will be awarded on the day. I might try and squeeze a trophy out of club funds too wink.gif

Here's to a brilliant 2013 afloat

Lofty

Very Very well done Steve.

That's my Birthday so don't know what I'm doing yet. But I intend to get out much more now.

We all have our radios switched on, so there should be plenty of boats to hand in an emergency.

Good luck, it sounds like great fun.

Jim

• 3 months later...