Let our Bass Breed . . . action YOU can take to he

Paul J

I hope that most of you will get behind this and take the necessary action

I believe it's the right thing to do to protect our fishing future

http://ukbass.com/2012/07/06/let-our-bass-...n-take-to-help/

Let our Bass Breed . . . action YOU can take to help . . .

To the majority of the population of the world the decline in fish stocks is just something they read about. They aren

Edited by Paul J

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a copy of the latest B.A.S.S newsletter.

I found it really easy to print off the letter and send emails via the links provided.

Please support this as you can make a real difference.

BASS

Dedicated to the conservation of our premier sporting sea fish since 1973

Hi All,

Hopefully this missive finds you well, and able to take advantage of the break in the dire weather we

Edited by Paul J

If it is of any consolation and support........there seems to be a considerable body of support from RSAs on the other side of the Channel.

I've just come back from hols on the Ile d'Oleron on the west coast of France and had a few days at a B&B where the host is a Guide de peche.... a type of chartrer skipper, who takes up to 4 paying guests out on his American T-top sports boat..... targetting 3 different types of bass they have there....about 13-15 mls out...using light gear and weighted jellies\shads. Back at the b&b .....lots of french fishing mags [ much better than ours, with much more info and few ads!!]....and the theme of raising size limits for bass was in all of them !!; with lots of contact with Euro-politics.

Their bass fishing has declined significantly over past few years....and pair trawling is seen as the main culprit.

Pascal Capitaine operates a min size of 48cms and only allows his paying guests to take 2 bass per trip [ a day with him costs 175 euros...and you have 3 other anglers on board... so I didn't enquire further!!]

This time of year their main target is Maigre ... a giant bass... other names include stone bass.....that gets to 2 m in length and 30 Kg..and an hour to land on that tackle!! Shame they don't often this far North! [look them up on Google if interested!!]... but a few small ones have been reported!

.......SO ....we are not alone.

Alun