West Bexington this Friday

Bob F

I'm planning a shore trip to West Bexington this Friday evening with a couple of mates. Anyone else what to join us?

Plan is to fish from 4pm (ish). I will be packing up around midnight but the other two will be staying all night.

Low water is 16:00. High water 23:00.

cheers

Bob F.

They'll be plenty of fireworks on the beach, BB. tongue.giftongue.gif

Dave, my mates chose Bexington because of the access. They want to be able to keep an eye on their car because they are staying all night. Last year at Abbotsbury they had the rear window smashed in and lost some gear.

I've not fished from Bexington, so thought I'd give it a go.

Got a couple of new rods arriving this week, so wanted to give one of them a fling.

Bob F

A flat calm evening with a mild NW wind.

Started off with the usual small whiting which grew in size as night folded in. Still not big with the max about 1/2lb.

Got hassled by these tiddlers, so switched to bigger baits of whole squid wrapped around rag worm and held in place with elastic. The tiddlers kept nibbling away at the baits, but at least they stayed on longer.

But this brought on a 30 min spate of dogfish.

Then suddenly my rod bent right over with a viscious take. I really wasn't sure what it was, but it was moving too fast for a doggy or a cod, but not heavy enough for a hound. After a heartening sort tussle it emerged from the waves...a 2.5lb pollack!!

I don't recall hearing many of that size caught on the Chisel??? It was a very thin fish, which could have gone 3-3.5lb if thicker. I recon it was lost.

The two hours up to high tide were dead. So I packed up at 11pm. My two mates carried on fishing though the night. Haven't heard if they caught anything more...I guess not or I would have heard from them!! tongue.gif

Nice to get out, though. And good to try of my new rod, a Penn V3 (3 piece). I bought it along with a Bass rod in one of those two for one deals that Penn are doing. I'm not a beach expert, but I was impressed with it's easy casting style.

cheers

Bob F.