Cod making q comeback?

ChrisE

It's not just the increased numbers we're catching in The Channel a new report suggests that cod are on the up on The Grand Banks as well. There's an article about it on the BBC website. If I was using my PC rather than this crappy iPhone I'd post the link.

The gist of the story is that because the prey fish has increased the cod, haddock and pollock have also increased. I'm sure that this is not the total picture but a bit of good cod news for a change.

Chris

Dont forget that it has taken over twenty years for the cod to START recovering on the Grand Banks and in the past they just lowered baskets over the side and pulled em out so there is some way to go.

Channel codding is still just a shadow of the situation in the 60's despite a couple of seemingly good seasons offshore. Regulation of the commercial fishery is the only way to ensure catches for everyone. Inshore codding has been patchy to say the least.

Petesnr