Wick Slipway - Hipocracy??

Adam F

Was watching the local news last night when I hear 'Wick' and 'Slipway' mentioned....I turned the TV up.

Basically Mike Rhodes was on South Today saying that the area next to the Slipway at wick needs a Pontoon extension, from where the Ferry area is.

Bournemouth & West Hants Water have proposed it - Christchurch County Council have opposed it, saying that it will narrow the river, look and eyesore and cause a navigation hazard for the Annual regatta.

Mike Rhodes response made me laugh...cant quite remember his EXACT words but it was:

' B & WHW feel that the facilites for the boat user at Wick are severely lacking, as we are SOLEY responsible for the upkeep and development of this area we see it as essential that the pontoon extension takes place'

SO: My question is now, if they are SOLEY responsible, feel the facilities are lacking and want to improve them - WHEN ARE THEY REPAIRING THE SLIPWAY!!!??

The pontoon extension is planned to cost thousands, how much would a bit of concrete use??

I will be emailing Mike tonight asking for an answer - I suggest anyone else who has a vested interest in this slip does the same.

Adam,

Also South Today ask for comments on programmes they have aired. Could try them here :-

south.today@bbc.co.uk

and what are the odds that BWHW use the Wick repair as leverage to get their way on the pontoon extension ? - surely not !!