Evening kayak session

seagypsy

Not much to report but thought it was worth putting some pictures of our little get together this week .

The weather looked best for Monday so we arranged to meet at 1830hrs at old coastguard rd to try for some bass around the entrance. . Paul (sprinter) and son Chris

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Paul (harnessboy) flying the flag

user posted image

Mark(uglystik)

user posted image

Me

user posted image

The fishing was hopeless really but it was a lovely evening to be out on the water

user posted image

After Paul and chris had headed back in the other three of us stayed out and managed to get on top of a shoal of our target species , some almost leaping over the kayaks , I did hook three small bass, landed one and lost two alongside the kayak ,Paul (HB) only hooked a Cornish shrimper but escaped before I could get the camera out , sorry mate i was just trying the flash , honest . .

user posted imageuser posted image

Great to be out with good company and looking forward to our next outing , maybe lofty could join us next time too

Cheers fellas

Ben

cool.gifI would have loved to join you in the evening but spent all day battling the elements at Swanageuser posted image

Love the photos, especially on a dirty day like today.I'm provisionally looking to go Weds either at the crack of sparrows or later in the day. I know it's not pretty like the harbour but I'm targeting a Raymond at Southbourne, or improve on the Tope sizes I've been getting there. And so far I've had three bass over 4 there and plenty of bait. Last time there were 4 other Yakkers out from Poole . Would like to meet up with you chaps at some point, happy for the company on Weds day, weather and conditions permitting. cool.gif

user posted image

Edited by lofty