mercury 4 stroke 60hp

bassncodformeplease

i have a slight oil leak on the rear casing at bottom , seems like i may need

to remove flywheel.question 1 . how to hold flywheel while undoing nut?

question 2, do i need a speciial puller?

Can't afford to pay someone to do it as keep spending me money on fishing biggrin.gif

Also on sunday my rev counter stuck on 4500revs and is still stuck, is it knackered or something i can do with it?

Cheers mike

Have started the work but now babysitting so will have to wait til thurs eve weep.gif

If you are not sure what you are doing, get a man in. A few guys have used a mobile guy from southampton. You could make it worse! Or think you have fixed it and it fails on you when out at sea!

Any oil leak is bad news! Unless you left the filler cap off and it chucked some oil out when running!!

Thanks rob, don't seem to have a lot of luck with these mobile marine chaps, had 2 round last year when had probs and ended up sorting myself, plus let down by others! Asked the chap on the forum in southampton to do some work for me last year tune carbs when he was in area and thats as far as it got!

i'm no marine mechanic but use to work in garage so done plenty of repairs on car engines and motor bikes years ago.

I know where the oil is coming from (its only a little, in 50miles at sea it has just managed to run down leg. (no not mine). but not enough to drip!

don't worry i'll sort it just need time (work gets in the way of play 5.5days per week weep.gif )

cheers mike

No mate, I haven't used her cause no room on drive during the house extension and garden refurb. Though she should be back in a month and I will be taking her to Devon for 2 weeks and making up for lost time! I like to get out twice a day when we are there!!!!

I have been doing your trick, hitching a lift with everyone else!!!!

wink.gif

Quick update! windygun got nut undone, then found a puller in garage (for doing mini/metro clutches) and quess what worked perfectly ohmy.gif

so just the casing to take off,clean and check not damaged sealer round and

start putting it all back together biggrin.gif

Few quid saved i think wink.gif

mike (canhefixityeshecan!)

Still the rev counter issue to sort weep.gif