Sunday

Paul D

Fished the drop off today and had a 4 lb Bass after 10 minutes to mackeral strip . Then nothing but pout on mackeral and squid and worm.

Then caught the odd mackeral before the tide slackened and all went quiet. Fished to the start of the ebb but the wind against tide was starting to roughen up the sea, so we headed back to Christchurch.

Interestingly the charter boats on the radio were also noting how whiting were caught yesterday but were not making an appearance today. Oh well sad.gif

Whilst back in Christchurch harbour we heard a fishing boat was in trouble near Nab Tower ( taking on water ). Dreamcatcher who I suspect is Gary who posts on here ? I hope all was OK.

Coddy,

Glad to hear it was not Gary ( esp. as he has the same boat as me smile.gif ).

However, it was def. someone in trouble as there was another boat alongside apparently and helicopter + Bembridge lifeboat were called out.

They said it was a 20 foot fishing boat called Dreamcatcher.

I presume they were all OK as there is only news on the barge incident ( which occurred at the same time ).