I can see again!!!!!

domino

I've finally made a start on replacing Domino's windows.

A sheet of 5mm clear polycarbonate came into my possesion, at a good price! rolleyes.gif .... so it had to be done.

Quite happy with first one... lessons were learned and the rest will be perfect.

Pic below shows quite a good comparison of the before and after... there will be no more having to stand up to drive and getting cold and wet!

When I've finished I'll put a write up on THE WEBSITE, with more detail of those 'lessons learned'!

Cheers,

Alan

post-6-1097918458.jpg

That is spot on Alan - good job matey!

How hard was it to do? I think now Ive seen the results Ill have a go myself.

Adam

Hi Adam,

Not too difficult really... I've just fitted the other side window, it went at be easier than the first. I'll probably be quite good at it by the time I've finished the other three.

The hardest thing, for me, was the rough cutting out... I've got a *$@$#*@ useless, *$@$#*@ Black & Decker jigsaw which keeps spitting the blade out. mad.gif

But that done, it cuts fine with a flush cutting bit in a router.

Cheers,

Alan

PS. Oh bye the way, I just had to fit the new name......

post-6-1097931993.jpg

... I've got a *$@$#*@ useless, *$@$#*@ Black & Decker jigsaw which keeps spitting the blade out.

I think I may have the same one - is it the one with the quick change jaws?? I had 20 packs of discontinued blades from work and they all get spat out after a few seconds....I went and bought pukka B&D ones and no problem...they have a 'v' shaped tip as opposed to a pointed tip if that makes sense.

It looks as though you made a great job - wanna do mine when youve finished!! laugh.giflaugh.gif

Did you re-use all the bolts and nuts and caps? What silicone did you use?

Adam,

New nuts & bolts - Black number plate bolts (M6 x 20mm appx, cut off the excess when fitted)... some of the existing ones broke while trying to undo them.

Re-used the caps.

Silicone - Black, Low Modulus Acetone Silicone Sealant

Cheers,

Alan