HELP PLEASE

Ben

HI I AM NEW TO THIS FORUM SO A BIG HELLO TO ONE AND ALL . RIGHT DOWN TO BUSINESS I LIVE IN VERWOOD AND HAVE JUST BOUGHT A BOAT . I USUALLY FISH THE AVON FOR CHUB AND BARBLE BUT WANT TO GET INTO SEA {BOAT} FISHING . I HAVE A GARMIN ON BOAT BUT DONT KNOW ANY MARKS ? ohmy.gif CAN ANY ONE HELP wink.gif I ALSO KNOW NO DATES / SEASONS OR BAITS ALL THE INFO WOULD BE GRATFULLY RECEIVED biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

THANKS A LOT

BEN

rolleyes.gif

Hi Ben

Welcome to the Forum. A good bunch, losts of knowledge and really helpful. I would suggest that you try to get out with a few members on their boats, it's the best way to learn.

What sort of boat have you got?

Can I also recommend joining the club, the AGM is on 1st April.

Just one comment, try not to use all Uppercase, it's not so easy to read, and can be taken as shouting.

Edited by Brian

Hi Ben and welcome to our club forum. Marks and info are hard earned but do read on:

Firstly the Vigo is a very nice and competent small boat. The 75hp outboard

is almost perfect for the boat if anything slightly small. I know someone that had a 130 fitted to his but that is another story.

Launching at baiter will give you a huge range in the Vigo. A lot will depend on firstly what your personal limits are and your confidence? Your boat will only be limited by you so what is your experience of skippering a small boat? and how far offshore would you feel comfortable in going? You will be the limit not the boat.

When you have decided answers to the above questions we will be in a better position to help with areas to fish.

The best advice I can give without answers to the above is join the club proper. Here you will receive as much advice as you can take in that is of course assuming you ask the right questions. Plus you will not meet a better bunch of fishing nuts anywhere on the south coast that are just dying to help you out.

You are more than welcome to attend our AGM on Thursday week or any other meeting. Meetings are held on the first Thursday of most months at The "Parkstone Trades and Labour Club" Ashley Road Parkstone from 7:30pm onwards

ATB

Martin

cheers martin well i have some experience of driving a small craft but have a lot to lurn ! anchoring tides etc . as for distance i would go upto ? 15 miles ? do you think that is acceptable in this craft ? is livebaiting the way to go for bass and are there any rough ground marks {inshore} for conger ?

br

ben

15 miles offshore is plenty for a small boat and this range will give you loads of options with all species available. However I would seriously consider whether you have the experience to go that far offshore without suitable training/experience. If as you say you have a lot to learn then 15 miles offshore is not really the place to learn huh.gif It can be very lonely out there!

Livebaiting for bass is a favoured method of a lot of our members and when you know where and how to fish can give excellent results. Conger are certainly available in the range you specify. Any broken ground will give up a few and most wrecks will give you slimy things to play with.

The first species you might want to consider are Bream. These will be coming on stream in hopefully the next 3 of 4 weeks.

Keep watching the reports and asking questions.

Becoming a fully paid up member will give you access to more areas on the forum and attending meetings as a guest or member will give you the opportunity to glean more info from the friendly crew cool.gif

Ever the salesman ph34r.gif

Martin