Now who was it gloating ??

Afishionado

Bloody hell first Alderny now this.......... I think he shot an albatros ohmy.gif

Caribbean storms trigger alerts

Florida Governor Jeb Bush has declared a state of emergency

Millions have been put on alert as a hurricane and tropical storm sweep across the Caribbean and head towards the US state of Florida.

Hurricane Charley is expected to hit the Cayman islands on Thursday.

It caused heavy rains in Jamaica as it passed off its southern coast on Wednesday. No casualties are reported.

Tropical storm Bonnie, located in the Gulf of Mexico, has forced the evacuation of more than 100 oil rigs and is now moving towards Florida.

Governor Jeb Bush has declared a state of emergency as the twin storms approach Florida.

Schools and government offices have announced closures.

Oil production disrupted

Hurricane Charley has winds of about 75 mph (120 km/h), which are expected to strengthen.

I've never been in a hurricane before - I'm kind of excited

US tourist in Cayman Islands

Although it did not hit Jamaica directly, rains from the hurricane are believed to have caused mudslides and flooding in parts of the island.

Jamaica's main airport has been closed and some cruises have been diverted.

Charley is now headed for the Cayman Islands, which are under a hurricane warning.

The Caymans are a wealthier and better-prepared British dependency and some tourists there are taking the alert in their stride, the Associated Press news agency reports.

"I've never been in a hurricane before," a US visitor from Las Vegas told the agency. "I'm kind of excited."

Cayman residents and businesses worked through Wednesday to put hurricane shutters over their doors and windows.

Charley is expected to hit Cuba and the Florida Keys by Friday.

Meanwhile, tropical storm Bonnie is headed towards the Florida Panhandle.

It has already caused widespread disruption to oil and gas operations in the Gulf of Mexico.

Gulf oil production has been cut by 25% and natural gas by 17%, according to the US Minerals Management Service.

The storm is also thought to be accelerating and could turn into a hurricane later on Thursday.

lads, lads, lads..............for those of you who have been over to Florida you know very well that their tropical storms are like a really good blow over here........and they're gone as quick as they come.

we had hurricane Isobell last year, that didnt stop the fishing!!!!!!

Now shushhhhhhhh you green eyed booooogerz!!!

lads, lads, lads..............for those of you who have been over to Florida you know very well that their tropical storms are like a really good blow over here........and they're gone as quick as they come.

we had hurricane Isobell last year, that didnt stop the fishing!!!!!!

Now shushhhhhhhh you green eyed booooogerz!!!

So! You've been sitting on the side evesdropping seein' if we were going to talk about you behind yer back eh!

When are you off to the Carribees then?

Oh and Rich jus' remember there's nothing like a good blow when your away from home rolleyes.gif

Mad Mike