Sat. morning......

alun j.

Just returned from a long anticipated session on the Ledge.... given the prospect of calm sea and warm sunshine by forecast.

Started calm enough but soon clouded over; mackeral a bit hard to find at first, but got enough working out to deeper water. Anchored at good looking spot, fair tide running but soon got bogged down with weed [ even on the east flowing stream]. Picked up some more mackeral and came inshore near lookout; less weed but baits robbed by small bream and pout..... no takers on live joeys.

Then the wind started to freshen..... 2 became a 3, then 4 and by two o' clock was touching 5 [ this is when the waves and white horses hit the boat , often a bit sideways on , and start splashing me ......... and when I go home !!]. At least, riding the waves in is a bit of fun.

Total : some nice mackeral for supper, some more to freeze for autumn / winter and plenty of bites with the tiddlers ...... but not what I expected!

Looking ahead..... Tuesday could be better... and small tides may let the weed settle ??????

Tight lines, hope you fared more successfully,

Alun.

Hi alan

Sounds like it was a bit grim out there today,

There was no weed on the ledge last nite .We fished the hole flood with 6 rods down and didnt pick any up .

I think you just had some bad luck today.

fingers crossed for tomorrow sad.gif

James