diesel duty

crazy fred

Hi Fred

That is not how HMRC explained it to me. boat owners make a declaration to the supplier and will be charged accordingly.

RDCO's who sell Red Diesel can still sell from existing tanks but have to charge one rate for Commercial vessels, heating, cooking etc

and a higher rate for pleasure craft propulsion.

As cpl have two pumps they may have decided to split it on the pumps, but are liesure boats going to have to put 60% from one Pump and 40% from the other?

Charlie

If your letter states that I am sorry to cause confusion, I can not read it on this PC

Hi Fred

I had been wondering how they were going to work it with the 60/40 split and the fact that account holders [Like Me] can actually use the pumps to get fuel when the pumps are not manned.

HMRC have stated that it will be PYC's responsibility as a Registered Dealer in Controlled Oils [RDCO] to make sure we have the declarations and collect the extra revenue on the fuel sold.

They will probably deactivate cards for account holders that have not submitted declarations by 1st November.

Regards

Charlie.